Intermediate Caving Course
These courses are aimed at people who may have tried caving before or have a reasonable level of fitness for the demands of this activity.
More challenges lay ahead on a guided exploration of a classic cave or mine system, these sessions generally take place in more challenging and demanding systems with both horizontal and vertical cave passages to explore. You could be climbing up ladder sections, abseiling beside underground waterfalls, crawling through watery passages and passing through squeezes.
- Good staff ratios allowing more personal input per person
- A brilliant introduction to the sport
- Learn from each other
- Some technical skill training may take place on the surface to maximise your experience once underground
- Abseiling & Climbing Ladders
- Underground water courses, other hazards and being safe
- Cave surveys / maps
These are generally longer trips and require a full day; we recommend you have some caving experience however this is not essential but a reasonable level of fitness is required.
All specialist equipment is provided however you will need to bring a full change of clothes and a towel, caving clothes should be warm, fleece type material and layers are important (no denim) You will also need to bring suitable underground food e.g. chocolate bars and something to drink.